Monday, February 1, 2010

Finnegans Wake found in The Skin of Our Teeth

So far I've only found one part, but both it comes directly from Finnegans Wake:

On page !6 in the beginning Mrs. Antrobus is being attacked verbally by Sabine, and Mrs. Antrobus says, " When Mr. Antrobus raped you home from your Sabine hills, he did it to insult me." Then in Finnegans Wake on page 197 a little over half way down the page it clearly says "...when he raped her home, Sabrine...." this is pretty much the same line exactly. I have no idea how this page found me...well I do know, it's right before my page I selected and so I started reading from the beginning of the chapter on page 196 and luckily I had just been rereading The Skin of our Teeth directly before.  Kind of cool in my opinion.

Alright I'll find more but until then, adieu! 

~L. 

No comments:

Post a Comment