Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Game of Chess

The game of Chess is classic. Though I do not know all of the rules and stratgies used to win, I still win--sometimes. The object of the game is to trap the other player's King piece--the most important piece of the game. The use of the other chess pieces are to either protect your King or take the other players pieces. The most powerful piece on the board is the Queen. Ladies this is a good thing, we are sot after and despised all at the same time. The King though is "more important" than any other piece, he has many restrictions to his movement and can only "castle" once. This leaves the King subjected to all other players and quite frankly weak and a burden upon the other pieces of the game.

Now the fact that the Queen is the most powerful player on the board could account for the fact that behind every great man there is an even greater, more humble, subdue, gracious, beautiful and quite charming woman. In order for the King to survive and you to win the game the Queen must make hasty decisions that could intern take her from the game. Now the next most important player in the game is the pon. Yeah you might ask why not the Knight! but oh no, the knight though gallant and oh so awesome because of his "L" shaped movement cannot bring back players to the game. The pons on the other hand if noble and sly enough to make it across the board to the other teams last row can choose which previously taken piece will come back to the game. So if your beautiful and deadly Queen is abruptly taken a tiny pon may bring her back!

Now what's the point of all this, I don't know, except Chess is a very classy game, and a very ancient game. It is a game of strategy, a game of intuition, and a game for the quick minded. Now I might not have any of these qualities, but I can play Chess, and in fact many of my opponients will not play against me because I am merciless, I take no chances in risking my Queen, unless I know a pon is there to help her back on her feet.
http://www.chessvariants.com/d.chess/chess.html

No comments:

Post a Comment